As you already know, summer unfortunately is coming to its end (In the U.S.). But wait! That is actually good new! Why? Since the weather will be changing soon, that means so will color! Fall and winter offer so many different beautiful opportunities to capture color. Especially from the sky (if you have a drone.) Also, since it will be cooling down, it will motivate you to go out and shoot more.
Here are a few ideas to get your ball rolling on some great shoots:
- Capture emotions. Shoot a lot of close-ups of people expressing their emotions. It doesn’t matter which emotion, because each of them is extremely powerful.
- Nature is gorgeous! So be sure to capture lots of nature, especially because the season is changing, which means that colors will also change, bringing diversity to your videos.
- Get in your car and drive! If you have the time out of your busy schedule, I highly suggest, jumping in your car with your buddies and bring along your camera gear. Filming in a similar location for a while can get boring and dull, so mix it up!
- Document your adventures and shoot behind the scenes footage. By doing this, you will become better in front of the camera and it is always great to document your filming!
- Lastly, plan out your ideas. What message do you want to share with the world? What stories do you want to tell? How do you want to tell them? It is extremely difficult to tell stories, so it is an excellent idea to keep a journal handy and to jot down ideas as soon as you get them!
So those are just a few of my tips to help you get started on creating your next awesome video! If you have any questions, or need some advice, please ask it on my blog or YouTube channel! Thank you and have fun!!!